This past week, Board Chair Sandra Dufresne, Trustee Bosco Baptista and I travelled to Edmonton as part of Team Lethbridge. Team Lethbridge is comprised of 18 diverse organizations from the City of Lethbridge.
- Aboriginal Council of Lethbridge
- Allied Arts Council
- Canadian Home Builders Association- Lethbridge
- Chinook Country Tourist Association
- City of Lethbridge
- Economic Development Lethbridge
- Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Separate Regional Division #4
- Lethbridge College
- Lethbridge Chamber of Commerce
- Lethbridge Construction Association
- Lethbridge & District Association of REALTORS
- Lethbridge & District Exhibition
- Lethbridge Family Services
- Lethbridge Lodging Association
- Lethbridge School District #51
- Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization
- University of Lethbridge
The three day event took us to Edmonton where we were able to meet with MLA’s, Ministers and their departments. The focus of each meeting was not on the “ask” but rather on communicating the many opportunities Lethbridge has as an innovative and progressive community. The diversity of the partners demonstrated the collaborative nature of the team. Meetings with the ministries were characterized by not only highlighting individual partner’s strengths but more importantly how collectively they work and support one another. With government’s desire to enhance partnerships in municipalities, Team Lethbridge demonstrated that strength and ability to create synergy.
Lethbridge is economically strong and diverse and benefits from stable and robust funding. The development of positive relationships with our government increases the awareness of our contribution in enhancing the strength of our province. The organizations represented are leaders in their fields and contribute to maintaining a healthy and sustainable community. For me, it is this community shared focus that is the greatest asset of Team Lethbridge. WE come together and work together, investing in our community to support long-term success for Lethbridge and the Province of Alberta.